Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Whoopie Pies

I have been extremely slack when it comes to posting things on this blog. So I have decided to stop being so slack and start blogging regularly to give you something to read about.

Today I have chosen Whoopie Pies. Why Whoopie Pies you might ask. Well here is the reason. I can bake almost anything and first time I do is usually a success. I decided to give Whoopie Pies a go to sell to whomever may have been interested in them. I found a recipe on Martha Stewart for Banana ones with cream cheese filling. Mmmm i thought they sound nice, so off to the kitchen I went. I followed the recipe which is something I am not famous for doing, got the batter made, piped them onto a tray and all seemed to be good in the world of Whoopie Pies.

Then I baked them and when they came out of the oven they looked like flying saucers! They tasted great so I filled them with the cream cheese filling and within 24 hours they were all gone. Everyone love them, but they did not look like Whoopie Pies. I was mortified to say the least so I have decided that the Whoopie Pie is not gong to beat me and I will whip up batches of these little cookie/cakes until I can master them.

In future I will take photos of both disasters and successes and take you on my Whoopie journey.

Hope you are all enjoying your Australia Day Celebrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment