Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My Birthday

As my birthday was drawing near I was talking to my husband about what I would like for my birthday. Well I really do not need anything so I told him all I wanted was for him and our kids to make me rice paper rolls for dinner and to bake and decorate me a birthday cake.

I can tell you this was not what he wanted to hear. Cooking for me (I am a qualified chef) is an intimidating experience for him and the thought of baking and decorating a cake sent him into panic mode with cold sweats.

Nothing was said about my birthday wish after that until the day before my birthday and IR (hubby) took JR (eldest daughter)shopping for ingrediants. I started to get a little excited as I saw that he was actually going to do it.

The next day was the big one, my Birthday, and would you believe I was kicked out of the house for the day! All so my cake could be a surprise. They worked all day on my cake and dinner and at 6pm we sat down to the best rice paper rolls I have ever had (because my wonderful family made them for me). We all tucked in and really enjoyed them, including my 3 year old son, JMR, who didn't like eating at all at that time.

Next came the birthday cake. Gluten Free Chocolate Mud with Ganache icing, lovely ganache rossettes on top with pretty sugar flowers and twinkling candles to mark the occassion. It tasted devine and looked every bit as good as it tasted. Thank you my wonderful family and congratulations on a fantastic job. None of you really understand how much it all meant to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment