Sunday, August 22, 2010

Jungle Fever

Jungle Fever was the theme for this week in my cake world.

A couple of months ago I was approached by a mum who wanted a cake for her sons 4th birhtday. The theme was the jungle. Eliza had a picture of a cake from a magazine that she wanted for her little boy. I knew immediately that I would have fun making this cake and putting my own little touch to it.




The original cake did not have the sugar Frog, Lion and Monkey on it. I was given a book by a dear friend on sugar animals and desperately wanted to have a play so saw this cake as the perfect opportunity.

So after a shopping trip to hunt down all of the lollies and plastic lizards and frogs I sat down to play with icing and see what I could create to put on the Jungle cake. I started with the monkey, natural choice for a jungle I thought. Next was the lion and last the green tree frog for on top of the trees. They were so much fun to make and looked adorable on the finished product.

Hope you all think it is as adorable as I do. Thanks Eliza for the priviledge of making your sons 4th birthday Jungle Cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment